President, JBI Construction Adviser, LLC
With a career spanning more than 40 years in the construction industry – including experience with professional draftsmanship, project management and operational leadership – Jeff brings a unique perspective to his work.
He’s passionate about details, construction, people and delivering successful collaborations. It’s his goal to inspire industry partners to constantly consider how to communicate quality as they prepare or review construction documents.
Industry Work Experience
42 Years in Construction
Vice President, Director of Operations
Kraus-Anderson Construction Company / 1999– 2018
More than 120 years old, Kraus-Anderson is consistently ranked among the top 50 construction management-at-risk firms in the United States. Jeff began working at Kraus-Anderson as a project manager in 1989 and became Vice President, Director of Operations, following three promotions.
In 2018, he retired after 29 years with KA.
• Opened the Kraus-Anderson office in Duluth in 1999
• Managed $65 million in sales annually
• Managed a workforce of 16 office and 25 field personnel
• Managed all aspects of a large commercial construction operation, working on projects nationwide, with primary focus in the Duluth area, NE Minnesota and NW Wisconsin
• Had full responsibility of business development, estimating, bidding and contracting, executing projects while ensuring safety, quality, schedule and budget, and maintaining relationships with clients and industry partners
Prior to his work at Kraus Anderson, Jeff served as an Architectural Draftsman from 1976 to 1986 – working for three companies including Damberg & Peck Architects, United States Steel Corporation and Yorkton Development, where he was later promoted to manage Yorkton's construction department until 1989.
He obtained his Architectural Drafting and Estimating degree from Dunwoody Industrial Institute in Minneapolis, MN in 1976.
Led by Jeff Iisakka
Cabela’s Retail Inc. – 7 new nationwide facilities, size ranging from 40,000-250,000 sf
Super One Foods – new construction and additions / remodeling of multiple projects in ND, MN, WI and MI
District Expansions – multiple new school facilities and additions / renovations for Midwest school districts including: Duluth, Hinckley, Hermantown, Cloquet, North Shore Community School, and Nett Lake, MN, Maple and Superior, WI, and Crow Creek Tribal School in SD
Duluth Intl. Airport – new terminal building, parking ramp, sitework renovation
Cirrus Aircraft – new construction and additions / remodeling of multiple aircraft manufacturing facilities
Glensheen Manor Estate – multiple historic restoration projects